Car Buyers Guide Privacy Notice
Last updated April 15th 2013
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided or to be gathered by Car Buyers Guide is controlled primarily by Car Buyers Guide of Penthouse Floor, Arena House, Arena Raod, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18.
Car Buyers Guide adheres to the European Directive on data protection.
Collection and Use of Personal Information About Customers
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at Car Buyers Guide. We use the information to deliver services and products, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as my basket and customer reviews and recommend vehicles and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our site, subscription options and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Car Buyers Guide. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Car Buyers Guide if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Car Buyers Guide if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as search within 5 miles of your home, personalized greetings and storage of items in your "Your Basket" between visits.
Does Car Buyers Guide Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below:
- Agents: we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering magazine packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the Data Protection Act.
- Promotional offers: sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Car Buyers Guide customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give them your name or address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please send a blank email to email@example.com
- Business transfers: In the unlikely event that Car Buyers Guide or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Car Buyers Guide and others: we release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements or to protect the rights, property or safety of Car Buyers Guide, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information unless you expressly requested information e.g. to order a brochure on a car from a distributor.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Car Buyers Guide features.
- You can add or update certain information on the registration page. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
This notice is governed by the laws of Ireland. If you have any concern about privacy at Car Buyers Guide, please send a thorough description to email@example.com and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information You Give Us
You provide most of such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer services. For example, you provide information when you search for a product, place an order through Car Buyers Guide or one of our third-party partners, communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form, employ other personal notification services such as Car Buyers Guide Vehicle Alerts. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address and phone number, your credit card information, details of people to whom purchases should be shipped (including address and phone number) etc.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login, e-mail address, password, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), through and from our website (including date and time), cookie number and products/vehicles/editorial you viewed or searched for.
Should you wish to stop receiving any of out emails you can find an unsubscribe link at the footer of all out emails.
Company address - 101 Monkstown Road, Monkstown, Co.Dublin
Company email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Does Car Buyers Guide Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below: Behavioural Advertising Companies